22 February 2012

Casa de Lewis de Brigham

It is due to the acquisition of the lovely things below that I have had such an extended absence from my blog. 

I am not a big "change" person, and there were a lot of things about this move that I was nervous about.  My nervousness was silly (as usual), and the only negative things about this entire experience has been the gas bill. 

Here are a few of the loveliest things I have found about my new little home so far.


I'm not sure why, but I am in love with these horizontal panels.
 

This little goose guy keeps me company over my sink whenever I feel like doing dishes. Needless to say even though I like him, we don't spend a lot of time together.


This is the first time I have been lucky enough to have a separate little dining space.  It is just offset from the kitchen, and only feels like its own room because of the partial walls, but it makes me happy.


Most of the doors have these old key holes.  
I can see the weather outside by sitting inside and looking out. 
It makes me feel like a child imagining a new world of my own.
 


Look at this beautiful doorknob and keyhole.  
Why don't they make everyday things so beautiful anymore?
I wish very much that I had the old set of keys that went to this house.


My favorite thing of all is the view I have out of my front window.
The light is beautiful both in the morning, and evening.
The mountains seem to be part of me, and I love being so close to them.

1 comment:

Kali said...

Hehe! I like your goose!