16 March 2013

I'm down to being a copy cat

I have found myself complaining a lot lately. Facepalm. I too have found myself dry of ideas to blog, so I am copying Lacy, and making a list of things that make me happy. 

Lets start with the most obvious. These faces make me enormously happy. 



Being a mom is hard in a way that is impossible to explain. It is hard in a way that sometimes makes you want to pull your hair out, but at the same time if someone asked you if you wanted to quit, you would slap them and say, "Don't even kid around about that"...and then soft slap them again so they know you are serious. 

But your baby can be causing you all sorts of grief, and then they smile at you like you are the neatest and most important thing in their world, and its fine again.I don't want people to think I don't love being a mom. I LOVE it. I would recommend it if you want to know what the best kind of happiness is. 

Being a wife, well, Chesley makes that easy. I am so grateful for him. He could complain about me so much. He doesn't. When I am down, he just places cookies or other offerings in front of me, and lets me recover in my own time. 

Reading has been making me happy lately. We have a phenomenal library in this little town. As a teacher, I didn't have a lot of time for my own reading.



This is my current read. I am kind of in love with it. There is something about life in the twenties that fascinates me. I could read books based in that era over and over. I really enjoy Hemingway as an author (English nerdiness), and I am learning to enjoy him as a character as well. 

I stole this picture and this recipe from pinterest.



They made me really happy. Treats usually do. Seriously, if someday you see me on the Biggest Loser weeping into the camera about how I don't know how it got that far, remind me that I do. I know. Also, I am shameless about loving that show to pieces. 

No comments: