06 July 2010

Um.....not

This will be a short post, but it is long overdue.

Husband and I have been married for about 7 months. I swear, if one more person asks me when I am going to have a baby....

Or exclaims that I am probably pregnant when I feel the slightest bit less than 100%

I might....implode.

I truly do want children. I anticipate motherhood as the most glorious thing I will do. But really.

I do feel slightly guilty when my mother-in-law starts talking about how badly she wants grandchildren....Or when my own wonderful father talks about how awesome he will be as a grandfather.....poop.

Sorry. I'm not pregnant.

6 comments:

Michelle and Jason said...

bah ha!! I know EXACTLY how I feel. Every time I go to Idaho Jason's sister Alesha ALWAYS asks when we are going to have kids...blegh

sarahbjolley said...

I'm right there with you girl! Seriously, I get asked probably 2-3 times a week. Just wait until you hit your 1 year mark, then people REALLY start harrassing you. It never ends!!!

meg said...

We're going on four years now and I still get those questions. :P

Ross said...

... have I mentioned what a fantastic Uncle I'll be?!

Brooke said...

Can I ask, just to watch you implode? :)

Don't get too upset. I NOW know what it feels like to want babies around (gwen is most likely our last) and it's kind of sad. So not having your own, next best thing is niece, nephew, grandchild. . . ya know?

PLUS let's be honest. Your dad is going to rock the grandpa department (your mom too, grandma wise).

So while you are waiting for the time to be right for you, remember everyone else has been looking forward to this day for a very long time. . . and are excited.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Haha it doesn't stop does it? I get hounded all the time, even from my siblings!
When it is time, it is time! Follow your OWN plan ;)