11 April 2014

Here's the thing

Blogging seems scary now.

I've started to feel like there are expectations I can't meet. 

Then I ask myself from where these expectations are coming, and I have absolutely no answer to that. 

That ongoing and important topic of women comparing the messiness of their every day lives to the perfect photo-op moments that make it on to other womens' blogs has an effect here I am sure. 

I mean, I use vscocam, and damn if some of those filters don't do magic 

Sorry mom. I said damn, which I never say, and will refrain from saying again.

But really, life his more like this:


You see it?

Yeah. This is real.

Real life is seems like I am out of focus devouring bites of toast in a hospital gown while my boys are stunning and wonderful, and seem to be so much more than I deserve. 

I mean look at that man. You can tell how I end up with a busy uterus. Sorry. Too much? 

I'm afraid that sometimes I blog to meet these superfluous expectations, and forget to do it because I love to express myself, and it makes me happy. Dumb.

Double dumb.

Here is to fuzzy backgrounds and eating food in as unladylike a manner as is necessary. 

2 comments:

Heart Mommy said...

Blog because we are interested in your happenings because we love you to pieces. I will even give you a free pass that you don't have to be so funny and wonderful each time you do blog. You can even say damn every now and then:)

sydni said...

haha awww; i love this! i feel the same way about blogging -- trying to figure out how to be real, but not so real that everyone knows how embarrassing i really am haha.

#thestruggleisreal

thanks for sharing & i love your blog!